Shri. M. PONNUSWAMY, IRS
Joined IRS (C&CE) in the year 1983 and held various positions in the Customs, Central Excise & Service Tax departments including the charges of :
- Commissioner at Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore & Visakhapatnam.
- Head of National Academy of Customs, Excise & Narcotics at Chennai
- Dy. Secretary (policy) in the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, New Delhi
- Consul (Economic and education) at the Consulate General of India, Dubai.
Visited many countries and closely interacted with foreign tax administration. Received many Rewards & Awards including the prestigious Presidential award for the Specially Distinguished Record of Service.
Expert in dealing with :
- Customs / AEOs / Anti-dumping & safe guard duties
- Central Excise & Service Tax matters
- SEZ/CFS/ICD matters
- EXIM policies & DGFT issues
- FEMA / PMLA cases
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) matters
- International trade & Business support services
- Appearance before Commissioner (Appeals) / Tribunal / Settlement Commission
- Competition commission & anti – profiteering in GST
- Master trainer of GST for the CBIC and conducted various seminars and training programs for the Government officials / trade and industry
- Visiting faculty to National Academies and IFMR
- Chairman of taxation committee for ASSOCHAM, Tamilnadu & Puducherry
- Advisor for GST & Customs to prestigious PSUs and Private sectors units
- Special Counsel for CBIC